Baked Salmon Sauce
On the menu today is Baked Salmon Sauce. I love this recipe so much because it is so quick and easy to make. Anyone that knows me knows how much i hate to spend too much time in the kitchen, I may love to cook a lot, but I don’t like spending all my time doing it. So I always come up with ways to spend less time or dishes that don’t take a lot of time and that is why I love this recipe.
Salmon is a family favorite, it literally is the most consumed type of Fish in my household, I make Salmon at least once or twice a week.
So I has gotten bored with the regular way I make Salmon, so I tried to switch it up and that was how this recipe came about. I wanted to make some Pasta for dinner, so I was looking for a perfect Sauce to pair the Pasta with and I also wanted to serve with Salmon and there and then, it hit me and my whole direction changed a bit. I cut up the Salmon into bite size pieces, baked them, made the sauce and then combined them and it was the BOMB!
I was so glad with how it turned out. I served the sauce with some Penne Pasta and my husband was so pleased, he loved it. So as the nice person i am, I have decide not to keep this to myself and my family and I’m sharing with you. It really is a must try. If you don’t like Salmon or you don’t have it at hand, use any fish you have or even chicken, but of course, the direction will have to change a bit, so just try and get some salmon, make this and feel the complete essence of this recipe. In my opinion, this sauce is one of the most perfect pairs for pasta.
Do try it out, you will absolutely love it.
- Make sure you cut salmon into pieces before cooking. When cooked, cutting into pieces can lead to the salmon breaking up.
- Make sure to not overcook or undercook your salmon.
- If you don’t know where to get salmon in Lagos, i get mine from Delis Delicatessen in Victoria Island.
125g Salmon Fillet
1 Tsp Black Pepper
1 Stock Cube
1 Tbsp Mixed Herbs
1/4 Cup Oil
4 Large Tomatoes
2 Med Paprika Peppers
1 Med Onion
2 Cloves of Garlic
- Roughly blend peppers for the sauce and set aside.
- Transfer tomato mix to a pan, on medium heat and allow to reduce till all the water in it diffuses, then set aside.
- While pepper reduces, pat dry the salmon to allow seasoning go in properly, then cut into bite size pieces.
- Transfer the pieces into a bowl then season with black pepper, salt and a little oil.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C, line a baking tray with parchment paper or foil paper and then lay the salmon pieces in a single layer and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- In a pan, pour in some cooking oil, when hot, add in the cooked pepper mix, then allow to fry on medium heat, then add in stock cubes, salt and mixed herbs, stir and allow to fry for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in baked salmon bites to the sauce, stir in carefully so the samon doesn’t break, Allow to infuse with the sauce for 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy with some Pasta or Spaghetti.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes.
Servings: 3 portions