Peri Peri Chicken (Nandos Style)
This recipe is one I’ve been daydreaming about making for a while now, but for some odd reason, I never got around to making it till now and I’m so glad I finally did this because it brings a lot of memories for me and I’m totally stoked to be sharing with you all.
This Peri Peri Chicken is as close to Nando’s Style Chicken as you will get. Intense flavors and spices make it so good you won’t be able to say no. It can be made on a grill, stove top or in an oven.
I love this recipe so much because it requires, minimal stress and everything just comes together so nicely. Once you have the marinade down, everything else falls into place, so whats not to love about this?
I used an open indoor electric grill to grill my chicken, but if you don’t have that, you can use a grill pan. Just place your grill pan on medium to high heat, Add in a little oil and allow to cook through, while turning to either side from time to time.
This Chicken recipe is so great, you can serve it if you’re hosting guests or just for a simple stress free family dinner and I’m sure you’ll be appreciated for it. Do try out this recipe and tag me, i want to know all about it.
4 Chicken Laps
3 Cayenne Peppers
1 Med Onion
4 Cloves of Garlic
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Tsp Lemon Zest
1/4 Cup Oil
1/4 Cup White Vinegar
1 Tsp Dried Oregano
1 Tsp Salt
- First you want to zest your lemon by lightly grating off some of the skin and then set aside. Then cut the lemon and squeeze out the juice from it and set that aside as well.
- In a blender, add in habanero’s, Onions, Lemon Zest, Lemon Juice, Garlic, White Vinegar and some Oil. Blend everything together till smooth.
- Put Chicken in a Ziploc, pour in the marinade and add in some oregano and salt, then massage the marinade into chicken through the Ziploc. Make sure all of the chicken is covered properly in the marinade. Put the chicken in the fridge and allow to marinate for about an hour. You can do up to 3 hours if you have the time.
- While the chicken marinates, if you have any marinade left, fry it in a pan for about 3 minutes. This sauce will serve as a dip for your chicken or side.
- After an hour of marinating, I set my grill up and I start grilling. The grill i use is a table top open electric grill that requires water in the base before placing the grill rack over it and I love this grill because it keeps everything I grill really moist.
Put some oil on the rack then place the Chicken on the grill and allow it to grill on both sides for about 20-25 minutes on either side. You want to make sure to keep your eye on it from time to time to avoid burning. You can also use some of the remainder marinade that you cooked to brush over the chicken to keep it juicy with as much flavor on the skin as possible.
- If you don’t have a grill and you want to use an oven, put your marinated chicken in the oven at 180 or 200°C for about 30 minutes and make sure to turn it over, brush some marinade over it and allow to grill for another 20-25 minutes and you get the same result!
- Serve with your favorite drink or side and enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 55 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour