One Pot Jambalaya Pasta
Pasta is one of my absolute favorite meals and this One Pot Jambalaya Pasta recipe is the the perfect meal for lunch, dinner or even to reheat for breakfast. Throw everything in a pot and your meal is done in 20 minutes to 30 minutes.
My favorite thing about this jambalaya pasta is that its so easy to tweak and adjust to your taste and preference. If you don’t like shrimps, you can easily just leave them out or replace them with something you’d prefer, If you are more into spicy food, you can add more pepper, or even add any veggies of your choice to it. Same goes for the protein, i used smoked chicken and smoked chicken sausages, you can simply replace that with turkey, mushroom or you could even use all of them. Its still going to turn out amazingly delicious.
There are so many reasons this recipe is the best, It saves you the stress of doing so many dishes because it is ONE POT!, it is packed full of flavors, delicious, i could go on and on, but i believe you get the picture, lol. This recipe has so much flavor and spice to it and its absolutely scrumptious. Try this out and i want to hear all about it.
1 Cup Smoked Chicken Pieces
1/2 Cup Smoked Chicken Sausages
10 large Shrimps
Tomato mix (4 large tomatoes and 2 Med Paprika pepper)
2 Tbsp Canola Oil
1/2 med Onions (Chopped)
1 Clove Garlic (Chopped)
1 Tsp Paprika
1/2 Tsp White pepper
1/2 Tsp Thyme
1 Tsp Black Pepper
2 Stock Cubes
1/2 Tsp Salt
- Pour some oil into a pan, add in the chopped onions and garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add in the tomato mix and fry with the sauted onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add in some thyme, paparika, white pepper, stock cubes and a little salt. Mix altogether and fry for a minute.
- Pour enough water to cook enough the spaghetti in the pot and leave to boil.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly (keeping in mind that the chicken and sausage are flavored).
- Add the pasta to the pot and leave to cook till on medium heat.
- Add in the shrimp when pasta has been half way cooked, cover the pot and allow to cook for 7-10 minutes.
- Open the pot, check if the pasta is completely soft, then add in smoked chicken and smoked chicken sausage, mix with pasta. (If the pasta is not soft enough to your taste, you can add some water,but not too much to avoid sogginess).
- Add in black pepper.
- Cover the pot and leave on medium-low heat till the pasta is completely done and to allow the flavors from the smoked chicken and sausages go in to the pasta.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes