Hello Lovelies, This Nigerian Jollof Rice Recipe is the perfect guide to making the most delicious Nigerian Jollof Rice every time. It has the most authentic flavors plus the aroma and taste are just divine. Everyone makes their Jollof Rice differently, but this is how …
Month: July 2020
Hello Lovelies, Grilled Fish and Plantain is a big favorite among a lot of people simply because it’s light and can be a healthy meal. This recipe is an easy way to make your Grilled Fish and Plantain that is moist and packs a lot …
Today’s recipe is one spontaneous dish that was a thought in the minute and that ended up turning out so great. You know that moment when you have two random ingredients in the house and you throw them together to see what happens and it end up being the best thing ever? that was how this recipe came and I was so happy I even thought about it.
Since the whole Corona situation started, we all obviously haven’t been able to eat out, so I was telling my sister how much I missed a particular restaurant’s Chicken Alfredo and she told me to make it myself. Even though I had all the ingredients needed at hand, I was still reluctant and I started contemplating whether to order take out from the restaurant and my sister wasn’t having it, she told me my pasta was better than the one I’m trying to order and she didn’t stop convincing me until I agreed to cook it. Looking back now, maybe it was for her own selfish interest and she just wanted me to cook it for her,lol.
So I open the fridge to gather ingredients and then I saw some leftover suya I had in there and I told my sister, what if I made Suya Alfredo instead of Chicken Alfredo and she was very happy about the idea of combining her two favorite things. So I quickly threw the dish together and at first taste, my sister and I just stared at each other and she told me ”You have created a monster!”, I laughed because I knew what she meant, it was sooo delicious,creamy, rich and deeply flavorful, I had not one regret trying it out at all.
So before we almost grubbed down the whole thing, I told my sister to chill so I could take a picture for Instagram, the moment I posted it, people went wild in my comments and I just knew I couldn’t escape filming a recipe. I really didn’t mind because this was one masterpiece I needed to share, couldn’t keep all that goodness to myself, it would have been unfair. So that’s how this delightful meal cam about.
I used Beef Suya in this recipe, but if you’re more of a chicken suya person, use that, just ensure it has that suya flavor for the full effect. Also if you don’t want to buy your Suya outside, I have a recipe for Beef Suya here. Throwing together two favorite things is always a good idea, I hope you guys try this recipe out, it is really worth it. It is also really easy and quick to make, so its requires no special technique or too much time, isn’t that just lovely?
If you guys want a quick, hassle-free lunch or dinner, this is a good one for you, do try it out and let me know what you think.
250g Penne Pasta
150g Beef Suya
1 Cup Cooking Cream (Double Cream)
2 Cloves Garlic
3 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
1/2 Med Onions
2 Med Tomatoes
1 Tsp Dried Parsley
2 Tbsp Oil
1 Tsp Black Pepper
1/2 Tsp Salt
- Boil some water in a pot, then add in some salt, then add in the pasta and allow to cook for 10 minutes or until underdone. (It will still cook in the creamy sauce). Then sieve the pasta water from the pasta and save it (in case you need to use later).
- Chop up your suya into bite size pieces, so its easy to eat in your pasta.
- To start on the sauce, pour some oil into your pan, when hot, add in chopped onions and minced garlic, stir and fry for a minute or two.
- Add in the cream, stir and allow to cook for about 2 minutes, so the cream doesn’t get too thick.
- Add in Grated Parmesan Cheese and dried parsley, stir and keep cooking on medium heat. Add in tomatoes and allow to cook for some minutes to reduce the acidity and release its juices.
- Add in salt and black pepper, taste and adjust seasoning.
- Add in Pasta and chopped suya to the creamy sauce, stir until everything is properly combined, if your pasta is too thick, add some of the pasta water saved In step 1 to loosen it up.
- Keep stirring till your pasta is soft enough and has reached the consistency of thickness you want.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serves: 3 people
Hi Lovelies, On the menu today is this delicious Beef Sausage Shawarma . Shawarma is a popular Nigerian snack or meal, however, it was originated by the Lebanese , but it has become a staple among Nigerians and lots of businesses have been built from …