Pasta is one of my absolute favorite meals and this One Pot Jambalaya Pasta recipe is the the perfect meal for lunch, dinner or even to reheat for breakfast. Throw everything in a pot and your meal is done in 20 minutes to 30 …
Month: July 2018
The best thing about anything homemade is that you can prepare it exactly how you like it, no one will know your taste buds or palette better than you, so a homemade meal or snack is always a good idea. You could go to your favorite shawarma joint, but still feel like it’s missing something or an ingredient is too much and overwhelming, let’s face it, it’s not every time our favorite joints get it exactly how we want it.
I decided to share this recipe, first, because I love it so much and second, because sometimes I know you just want to whip up something quick and on the go when you can’t be bothered to actually make rice, Stew, Amala, Soups and the likes , so this is perfect for those moments.
This recipe is a really simple one yet so good! And it can be flexible too. You don’t have to use the exact same ingredients I used, you can add what you want and exclude what you don’t want in it, you can add sausages, use turkey steaks, use beef instead or even mix them all together, it’s your preference really.
I hope you try it out and enjoy this yummy goodness as I did, your taste buds will thank you!
300g Chicken Strips
2 Flat Bread
1 1/2 Cabbage (Shredded)
3 Tbsp Ketchup
5 Tbsp BBQ Sauce
3 Tbsp Mayonnaise
1/4 Tsp Dried Thyme
1/2 Tsp Curry Powder
1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 Tsp White Pepper
1 Stock Cube
1/4 Tsp Salt
- In a bowl, season the chicken strips with some salt, stock cubes, garlic powder, white pepper, a little dried thyme and some curry powder. Massage the seasoning into the chicken then leave to marinate for 20-30 minutes before grilling.
- Put a grill pan on fire on medium to low heat, spray in cooking oil, then place your seasoned chicken strips one after the other and allow to cook on each side till properly done.
- On a chopping board, chop up the chicken strips into small pieces, then set aside.
- To make the sauce for the shawarma, mix together the Barbecue sauce, some ketchup and mayonnaise and set aside.
- Take your Flat Bread and split it in two, examine both pieces, the piece with more holes or tears should be at the top, then the better piece on the bottom.
- Start by laying the sauce onto the flat Bread, then spread the Cabbage in, Then some chicken, then add a little more Ketchup, (avoid putting too much ingredients inside, otherwise it becomes difficult to wrap), secure all the fillings in the middle of the flat bread, so that it is less messy.
- To wrap the actual Shawarma, use the first piece for the initial wrapping then finish off with second piece of flat bread then fold on both ends. Continue the process till you run out of ingredients. ( To have a clear understanding of HOW TO WRAP THE SHAWARMA, see the video below).
- Place your shawarma on the grill pan for 5 minutes, and your shawarma is ready.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes