Granola is that healthy breakfast food or snack. It is one of the most satisfying grains in my opinion. It can be a healthy, flavorful and comforting treat and the keyword to making it all these things,is homemade!!!
Homemade Granola is everything, simply because i can control what goes into it. The store bought or pre- packed ones can be full on sugar and other things that are not good for your body or that doesn’t fit your taste.
Making your own Granola at home is super easy and it allows you control the amount of sugar and quantity of ingredients you use and you can also change things up and add flavors you love. I personally love nuts, so i always add nuts in mine and sometimes i like it fruity. In this recipe i combined both (this is my preference, feel free to leave one out and double the other).
Another thing i love about homemade granola is how amazing it makes my house smell, its just so satisfying.
In this recipe, i used Rolled Oats which are full of fibre that is good for you, high in protein and contains vitamins and minerals. Be sure you are getting 100 percent pure rolled oats, they are healthier than the “instant oats” or “quick oats”. I also used coconut oil because i love the hint of coconut, the light flavor it adds and the aroma it gives the granola, it is also full of nutrients. If you don’t have coconut oil you can use any other healthy oils that you prefer.
Maple syrup is one of the key ingredients when making granola, its a very good sweetener. Maple syrup and dried fruits in your granola really helps to keep the need for sugar down. You can use raw organic honey if maple syrup is not available to you. I also added a little cinnamon for that warm smell and depth of flavor.
This recipe is really healthy, flavorful, with all kinds of texture to it from the nuts and dried fruits, you’re going to love it. I also have a video on this recipe, also showing how you can make your parfait using your crunchy homemade granola, feel free to click below this post. Do try it out and fill me in on how it all went down.
2 1/2 Cups Rolled Oats
1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
1/2 Cups Almonds
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Vanilla
1/2 Cup Dried Fruits
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC
- Combine rolled oats, dried fruits and chopped nuts in a bowl, add in ground cinnamon.
- In a seperate bowl, combine maple syrup and coconut oil, mix together, then pour into dry ingredients. Add in vanilla extract for flavor then mix all ingredients together. Make sure every dry grain is coated with the wet ingredients, then set aside.
- Prepare baking tray and place some parchment paper over it, then pour the mixture unto the tray. Spread out the grains to ensure that each grain gets toasted properly.
- Put in the oven at 150 degrees for 45 minutes ( stir every 15 minutes, so the grains don’t stick together). Once it’s out of the oven, your granola is ready!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
Yields: 3 1/2 Cups Granola