Adalu is basically a one-pot dish of Corn and Beans cooked in a rich tomato sauce made with palm oil, usually with smoked or dried fish or any other protein of choice. It’s mostly enjoyed on its own or with Plantain, Garri or Bread.
Adalu is another great way to enjoy Beans for all the Beans lovers and this is one recipe you should try.
1 1/2 Cups Honey Beans
11/2 Cups Sweet Corn
1/2 Cup Palm Oil
1 Cup Shredded Smoked Catfish
1 Cup Pepper Mix (3 Tomatoes, 2 Paprika Peppers, 1 Med Onion, 1 Clove Garlic, 1 small Habanero Pepper
1/2 Medium Onion (Chopped)
3 Tbsp Ground Crayfish
2 Stock Cubes
1/2 Tsp Salt
- Pour washed Beans into a pressure cooker, add in enough water to cook the Beans, add some chopped onions, put the lid on the pressure cooker and allow beans cook on medium heat.
- To make beans sauce, melt some palm oil in a pot, when hot, add in chopped onions and allow to fry for a minute,
- Add in Pepper mix, fry for a few minutes.
- Add all seasoning into the sauce, allow to cook.
- Combine cooked beans into the sauce, add little water, turn up the heat.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Add in Smoked Catfish and allow to cook for some minutes.
- Add in the corn and stir until the Corn is properly mixed in the beans pottage.
- Cover and allow to cook for 2 minutes and your Adalu is ready.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour