Yamarita is basically Yam coated in Eggs. This recipe is a highly requested one, i had posted Yamarita a few times on my Instagram page and people always asked for a recipe, so here we are.
I’m a big yam lover! so i’m constantly looking for different ways to enjoy my Yam and that’s what developed my love for Yamarita. My favorite thing about this is how it can be enjoyed as a snack or as a main meal with any sauce. Its also really easy to prepare and Its just like eating yam and egg, i mean, whats not to love?
I’m going to give you guys a little tip, if you have any leftover Yam and you are thinking of wasting it, Don’t! Just flip it into Yamarita and you can enjoy your Yam in a different way following the said steps. That way you have a yummy snack or a nice meal and you also avoid waste, so you can thank me later, lol.
This recipe is an easy to follow one, just follow the steps below, add whatever ingredients you fancy and you are good to go. Do try this out and let me know what you think.
300g White Yam
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 Tsp Curry Powder
1/4 Tsp White Pepper
1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 Tsp Dried Thyme
1 Stock Cube
1 Tsp Salt
Oil for Frying
- Cut the yam into your desired shape or size and put in a pot, cover with water, add a little salt then cook till its soft.
- Season the egg with some stock cubes, white pepper, garlic and thyme, whisk the ingredients into the egg then transfer it to a wide bowl to make the coating process easier.
- Add some salt, curry powder and garlic powder into the flour, then transfer it into a Ziplock (Its easier for me that way).
- Take a piece of yam and dip into the eggs, make sure it properly coated, then put the egg coated yam into flour and coat with flour. Continue this process till all pieces of yam are properly coated
- Put some oil in a pan (enough to deep fry the yam), allow to heat up.
- Before you start frying, coat them one more time in the eggs, then put in the oil to fry.
- Fry on both sides for a some minutes till they are golden brown, then you know its ready.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes