One of my favorite things to eat is a sandwich, a club sandwich in particular. I order it at restaurants almost all the time and then one day i decided it had to stop! I can easily make myself one at home so why go out to eat it? I make it at least once a week partly because it’s quick and doesn’t involve much cooking.
I thought you would like to have this one in your arsenal so i thought to share.
This recipe like other ones can be customized according to your preference and what is available to you. Just find suitable substitutes you enjoy and you can still have a blast with your sandwich.
I hope you try out this recipe and let me know what substitute ingredients you used maybe i can try them out myself.
3 Slices Wholemeal Bread
3 Sprigs of Lettuce
3 Slices Turkey Bacon
1 Slice Cheddar Cheese
3 Tbsp Mayonnaise
1 Medium Tomato
1 Tbsp Butter
Salt & Black Pepper for Eggs
- Put a grill pan or fry pan (if you don’t own a grill pan) on low heat then spread butter on the pan to toast the bread.
- On the other side of the grill pan, fry the turkey bacon side by side.
- Place a slice of bread on the buttered part of the pan and Toast till brown on both ends. Repeat this step till you’ve successfully toasted all the bread you need for your sandwich.
- Take a slice of toasted bread and spread some mayonnaise on then add a layer of lettuce, then lay the fried egg.
- Place another slice of bread on the lettuce and fried egg, then spread some mayonnaise on.
- Place the turkey bacon on the bread then lay some cheese on, then add the Tomatoes.
- Take the last slice of toasted bread and spread some mayonnaise on the inner part and place at the top of the deck. Press down a little so its not too high.
- Put toothpicks at the four corners of the sandwich to hold the contents in place, so that when you cut through, the sandwich won’t fall apart.
- Cut into two or 4 parts or however you like it.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 8 MInutes
Total Time: 13 – 15 Minutes