Have you ever ordered the Crispy Beef Chinese take out and wondered how’s it’s made? That used to be me every time. It always tasted soooo good and I knew i had to find out what it takes to make it on a whim. I’m going to let you in on my recipe for Crispy Sesame Beef with a hint of Ginger. Trust me this is better than take-out, you know why? Because you’re making it yourself and you will know exactly what’s going into it.
The best part about this is, it’s really easy to make. I added some Ginger to mine for an extra kick but you don’t have to. You can also add as little or as much as you want. Let your palette decide.
Instead of using Beef, you can opt for Pork or Lamb or whatever else works for you.
So, yes, this recipe is BOMB. It is sweet, spicy, crispy and so delicious.
I really hope you try it out and i’d love your feedback, so please keep them coming.
1 Tsp Chilli Pepper Flakes
1 Tsp Garlic
2 Tsp Ginger
1/2 Med Onions (chopped)
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1/2 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Corn Starch/flour
1 Tsp Sesame Seeds
1 Tsp Sesame Oil
1/4 Cup White Vinegar
1 Tbsp Canola Oil
1/2 Cup Carrots
- Put the Beef on a flat surface and cover with cling film.
- Using a Mallet, tenderize the beef.
- Slice beef into very thin strips.
- Put sliced beef in a bowl then add flour. Mix the flour and and beef till the beef is well coated.
- Put a pan on fire, add some cooking oil.
- When oil is hot, add in the beef and allow to fry.
- When fried, remove the beef from the oil.
- In a separate pan, add a little cooking oil.
- Add in onions and stir till its translucent.
- Add Carrots, stir with the onions for a minute.
- Add Ginger and Chili flakes.
- Pour in Soy Sauce then add some water, add sesame oil, some brown sugar and Sesame seeds.
- Stir for a minute to allow all ingredients marry.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Add in fried crispy beef and stir till the sauce has coated the beef completely.
- Your sauce is ready. Enjoy.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes