I have a new couscous recipe for you. It’s very flavorful because i cooked it in broth and not water plus it’s packed full with vegetables. It’s an alternative to rice and it’s healthy too. I hope you try it out. Enjoy!
1 Cup Couscous
2 tbsp Cooking Oil
1 tbsp Seasoning Powder
1 medium Carrots
1/2 cup each Yellow and Red Pepper
1 Medium Green Pepper
1 tsp Curry Powder
1/2 tsp Rosemary
1/2 tsp White Pepper
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 Garlic Powder
- Dissolve some seasoning powder in some water to make a broth to cook the couscous. Be careful not to use too much broth in cooking the couscous so its not soggy. Add water a little at a time.
- After the broth has boiled, add the couscous.
- Put a little oil in the pan, add the carrots first because they are tougher to cook.
- Add bell peppers.
- Add all seasoning.
- Add a little sweetcorn and spring onions.
- Fluff up the cooked couscous then add to the stir fried veggies.
- Stir continuously to allow the flavors of the veggies mix well with the couscous.
- Cover for about 2 minutes to allow the flavors from the vegetables to be soaked up by the couscous
- Your vegetables couscous is ready to serve. You can serve it with any protein of your choice.