Egg plant Sauce
Egg plants are also known as Aubergines. Aubergines are vegetables that are full of vitamins, mineral and dietary fibre and they also help with lowering cholesterol level and manage weight. They are great at soaking up flavours. Aubergines work well in stews, sauces, salads and beyond. You can try them baked, grilled as a veggie main or as a side dish.
I opted to make a sauce out of my aubergines as a result of not finding the right type of garden eggs i needed to my make my garden egg sauce. Then i thought, why not substitute aubergines for garden eggs, and honestly it turned out to be the best decision i could have made, this dish came out so tasty and delicious. You know that feel you have with eating palm oil and yam? this was just like it except more flavorful and juicy. Please continue reading to see full recipe and try it out and share your experiences. you can enjoy your sauce with yam, sweet potatoes, even pasta, you will love it, i promise!
2 Meduim Egg Plants (Aubergines)
4 Medium Tomatoes
2 Medium Bell Peppers
4 Small Fresh Peppers
2 Cloves Garlic
2 Large Onions
3/4 Cup Palm Oil
1 Whole Smoked Mackerel Fish (Deboned)
1 Tsp Curry Powder
2 Seasoning Cubes
1/2 Tsp Salt
- Wash and cut egg plants into 3 big chunks, place in a pot and cover with water. Cover pot and allow to cook for 10 minutes till its soft.
- Place peppers, tomatoes, onions and garlic in a food processor and chop them in shafts.
- Pour some palm oil in a pot, when the oil is very hot, add in some sliced onions, let it fry for a minute, then add in the chopped pepper.
- Add to the chopped pepper some seasoning cubes, salt, curry powder, cover to cook for a little while.
- Taste and adjust accordingly.
- Take out cooked egg plants and gently take off the skin and then mash it up.
- Add mashed egg plant to the sauce, then add smoked mackerel. Leave to cook for 5 minutes, and your egg plant sauce is ready.
- Enjoy your sauce with boiled yam, boiled plantain and potatoes.