My favorite thing about blueberries is that they can be very versatile. They can be eaten freshly picked, cooked with and best of all baked with. Did you know that blueberries have a lot of health benefits such as protection against heart disease, cancer and can also help in maintaining your blood pressure, mental health, bone strength and they are great antioxidant?! Yep, i found that out while reading up on the may benefits.
These Muffins are moist and bursting with fresh fruit, what’s not to love! They are so easy to make and will be even more fun to make with kids. Get them to pour in the flour, get it on their nose and they can throw in the blueberries one by one, depending on how much time you have. Lol. I hope you all find this helpful and enjoy this recipe as much as i did making these muffins.
3 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
1/2 Cup Canola oil
1 Cup of Buttermilk
1 Cup of Sugar
4 Tsp of Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat Oven to 180 degrees
2. Spray Muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside
3. Add Flour, Baking Powder, Salt and Cinnamon to a bowl, whisk to combine
4. In a separate bowl, add Sugar and Eggs, whisk until most of the Sugar dissolves
5. Add Oil, Buttermilk and Vanilla Extract to Egg mixture and give it a quick whisk
6. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stir gently with a spatula until well combined DO NOT OVERMIX
7. Fold in blueberries
8. Divide into Muffin tin. Fill muffin tin if you would like a high Muffin or about half way for a smaller size
9. Place in oven and bake for 18 minutes.
10. Enjoy with a cup of Coffee for breakfast or with Tea for Lunch.