Who’s ready for an appetiser that is so good and delicious and kid friendly too. This Popcorn Chicken is perfect for whatever you need it for – appetiser, snack, side dish…and the list goes on.
It’s Chicken Breast covered in Corn Flakes and BBQ Sauce, I know right! Its crunchy and flavorful and one of the best recipes out there. Yes, i said it. LOL.
To make this you’ll need
350g Chicken Breast (Cubed, big pieces)
1 1/2 Cups Crushed Cornflakes
1 Cup Corn Flour
3/4 Cup Whole Milk
1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce
1/4 Cup Ketchup
1/4 Cup Honey
1 Tsp Paprika Powder
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 Tsp Salt
1. Coat Cubed Chicken Breast with Corn Flour and set aside.
2. In another bowl, Mix crushed Cornflakes, Paprika Powder, Garlic Powder and Salt, set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk egg and milk together
4. Place all three bowl next together and line a baking tray with foil or parchment paper.
5. Dip Chicken first in egg mixture, then in Cornflakes. Make sure chicken is completely covered then place on the baking tray.
6. Repeat with all the chicken pieces, making sure to leave about an inch between pieces on the baking tray.
7. Place in already preheated oven and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
8. While Chicken is baking, prepare the sauce by combining BBQ Sauce, Honey and Ketchup in a saucepan over medium heat
9. Stir and allow to heat up for about 5 minutes.
10. Pour sauce over the baked chicken pieces and gently toss to coat.
11. Enjoy with kids, friends and family!